Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Being On Time

The number one ethic I realised in my classroom today was being on time. Being on time is very important (not only when you are in a team) because it is often a first impression for yourself; it shows how punctual you are and how much you truly care. Nobody likes to be in a meeting and having to wait an extra fifteen minutes for the late comer, right? I know I don't! On the other hand, some cultures are more lenient and forgiving with their time. Cultural expectations matter and different cultures have different opinions. Some think that it is acceptable to be late, while others think it is extremely rude to be late. In fact, Chile believes that it is impolite to be on time. Can you believe that? 
http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-definition-being-time-pockiet-watch-image13606190

2 comments:

  1. Some cultures accept lateness and some don't. My background is Greek and in Greece we believe that punctuality isn't extremely important, although we do expect the "foreigners" to be on time. This shows respect for your business partners and is a symbol of trust and responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that time management is very imporant and is a key factor to show respect especially when working in a team. In a fast pace world of business being on time is manadatory, because no body likes to have their time wasted.

    ReplyDelete